Beginning Thursday, October 29, 2020 until further notice:
- The Morristown-Hamblen Library will close to walk-in traffic, however, public library computer access, copying or faxing, will be by appointment (or first come first serve basis).
- We will limit patrons to five at one time for Library Computer access with a time limit of one hour per day, other services will be one at time. Masks are Mandatory. CDC questions posted and temperatures taken at door. The temperature must be below 100.4 to be permitted to enter the building. No loitering and no browsing. Please help us by following the guidelines of the CDC for social distancing.
- Curbside, telephone, and online services will continue.
- CURBSIDE SERVICE HOURS ARE 10:00 AM TO 4:30 PM MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, AND 10:00 AM TO 3:30 PM ON SATURDAY. When you arrive, call the library number 423-586-6410 or text 423-301-6882 to let us know you have parked in the front of the Library. Please use these contact numbers to make an appointment for computer, fax, and copy services.
- Fines are being applied to overdue materials as of September 7. 2020. If you have any other questions about your account or materials, please call.
- Because Binge Box movies will not fit into the book deposits, please return them during library hours.
- Hotspot renewals may be paid online. If your account is set up for online payment it must be paid before 8:00 AM the following day. Please call to get the amount due.
The Library Hours during this time will be
Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and
Saturday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Note Online Service and Resources Available 24 hours/day:
The Library’s many online resources, such as eBooks and audiobooks from Tennessee R.E.A.D.S., are always available at www.morristownhamblenlibrary.org. The Library’s online databases also include Tumblebooks for children, A to Z food, A to Z Maps online, A to Z world food, A to Z world Culture, A to Z World Travel, ACORN TV, Lingo Lite, The Great Courses, and Creativebug. Tennessee Electronic Library is also available.
If you do not have a library card and would like access to the online library services, please go to our website and fill out the application for an electronic service only card (eCard see below).
As the coronavirus outbreak develops, please stay up to date on the Library’s plans and continue to access its digital resources by visiting www.morristownhamblenlibrary.org and following Morristown-Hamblen Library on Facebook for updates, listen to WCRK, MUS FIberNet Channel 4, Channel 7 Morristown TV Today, and read the local newspaper.
phone: 423-586-6410 text: 423-301-6882
Facebook: MHL Facebook page
ECARDS NOW AVAILABLE!
The Morristown-Hamblen Library issues eCards for patrons in our service area who are unable to come into the library and register for a full-access library card. An eCard will allow you to use all of our online resources, including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, videos, Great Courses, Creative Bug, TumbleBooks, and AcornTV. An eCard will not be issued if you currently have a full-access library card. The eCard may not be used to check out physical material from the library or access public computers. Complete the eCard registration form HERE and your new eCard number will be emailed to you within 3 business days. If you have questions about eCards or have lost your eCard number, please call the library at 423-586-6410 and ask for Tracy or Penny.
- 80+ exclusive shows, including A Place to Call Home, The Brokenwood Mysteries, Agatha Christie’s Partners in Crime, Detectorists, and Jack Irish
- See them first: Acorn TV streams the latest seasons of fan favorites like Doc Martin, Midsomer Murders, George Gently, Vera, Murdoch Mysteries, and more
- Acorn TV Originals including Loch Ness, Striking Out, Agatha Raisin, The Level, and more
- Enjoy Acorn TV’s curated collections
- Add shows to your personal watch list for later viewing
- Share your favorite shows and episodes
While there are many professors who are great, some stand out as exceptionally insightful and impressively thorough, bringing home tough concepts in a way that makes subjects accessible and interesting. These professors make learning an adventure to be experienced rather than a chore to be accomplished.
Of the more than 500,000 college professors in the world, only a select few are chosen to teach one of The Great Courses. They include award-winning experts and professors from the most respected institutions in the world and were chosen based solely on one factor: their ability to teach.
The courses range from a myriad of subjects and includes:
- History — Study ancient and biblical times, medieval Europe, Eastern and Western civilizations, as well as how these historical periods still impact society.
- Health — Dive into courses on meditation, nutrition, natural healing and brain fitness.
- Science — Learn from America’s leading scientists in numerous areas of study ranging from biology, astronomy & space, engineering & technology and beyond.
- Language Arts — learning leadership, thinking and communication skills in both professional and personal lives are essential to get a head.
- And Much More!